Terms and Conditions 2018
All riders are reminded that they enjoy our ride at their own risk.
The following rules are for your safety - please ensure that you have read them before starting the ride and listen to all instructions from our marshals or management.
• Do ride in the direction of arrows unless directed otherwise by our marshals or management
• Do obey all marshals/management
• Whilst mounted hats must be worn and body protectors are compulsory on course.
• Do put litter in bins provided
• Do ensure your equiment is fitted correctly
• Do wear suitable attire for the ride, boots,hat,body protector are compulsary.
• Do try to keep noise levels to an acceptable level (i.e no screaming/shouting)
• Do report any accidents to a member of staff
• Do always listen and obey the staff’s instructions
• Do keep all dogs on a leash whilst on site.
• Parts of the course are walk only, for safety. You must only walk where signs state!
• You must ride in the direction of the arrows jumping one way with red flag to the right
• Keep to the left or right of course where signs state.
• Please use appropriate tail ribbon, if your horse is green or has a tendency to kick.
• Do not litter
• Do not hold other riders up on the course.
• Do not canter past others. You must shout ahead and seek permission to pass.
• No personal entertainment systems are permitted on site
• Do not ride through unmarked woodland areas of the site
• Do not ride at excessive speed
• Do not travel in the wrong direction (follow arrows)
• Do not allow your dogs on course
Please note: you are required to ride in the direction of the arrows, however on some occasions the staff may instruct all riders to take an alternative route. Please ensure that you are riding in the correct direction at all times.
Anti-social behavior of any kind will not be tolerated and those responsible will be asked to leave the venue with no refund given.
Horses and ponies must be 4 years old and over to take part.
There is one-track crossing that will be stewarded. This will be signed upon approach.
Rider’s code of conduct and assumption of risk agreement
Riding or walking the course is entirely at your own risk. The management will not be responsible for any loss or injury incurred.
Riders, Spectators and foot persons understand and agree to the following:
By engaging on this ride, riders, spectators and foot persons are deemed to have knowledge of, and assume the risk of riding which include but are not limited to the following:
• a) Injuries that result from collision or contact with other rider or other individuals who are on the course
• b) Injuries that result from falls
• c) Injuries that involve objects or artificial structures that are within the properly intended path of travel of the rider
Riders, Spectators and foot persons also agree to:
• Maintain reasonable control of his/her speed at all times taking others safety into consideration
• Maintain a proper lookout to avoid other riders, objects or conditions on the surface of the course
• Accept responsibility for knowing the range of his/her abilities while riding, and ride within the limits of that ability and as appropriate to the session on which he/she is taking part
• Refrain from riding whilst under the influence of drugs, alcohol or other control impairing substance
• Leave the ride area when your sessions end or as directed by staff
• Refrain from acting in a matter that may cause or contribute to injury of themselves or any other person
• Refrain from instigating or becoming involved in any type of altercations with any other rider or spectator and engaging in abusive, abrasive or disorderly conduct
We hold the right to refuse entry onto the site/ride to anyone not complying with the above. Riders asked to leave or removed from the ride will not be refunded for their session fee if breaking this Code of Conduct.
Ride Terms and Conditions
Information about restrictions, cancellations and refunds.
What to do on arrival
If you have a print at home e-ticket or posted ticket please go directly to the reception area, you may be required to queue here.
If you have a booking reference or want to purchase a ticket on the day, please proceed to our box office where a member of staff will be happy to assist you. On busier sessions you may have to queue so, please ensure you arrive in time to buy your ticket for the required session.
Please ensure you read and abide by the SAFETY RULES AND REGULATIONS of the venue If you are unsure or need advice please do not hesitate to contact a member of staff who will be pleased to help you.
Please be aware, we may close all or part of the course due to weather conditions.
Minimum age and adult supervision
Riders aged 5-16 must be accompanied by an adult and supervised on the course
All children must be supervised on site at all times
What to wear
To make your visit as enjoyable as possible you MUST wear suitable attire for the ride, boots,hat,body protector are compulsary.
Where possible please keep your personal belongings to a minimum. Any items left in hired lockers (if provided) are left at the Owners Risk. We do not accept responsibility for any items which are left unattended.
There is a first aid point within the reception area. In the unlikely event you or a member of your party should need first aid treatment, please alert a member of staff. A first aider will be available to assist as required. Please advise a member of staff if you have injured yourself. We will need to take some basic details at this time.
Size and capacity
Capacity of 15 riders per session.
No refunds will be made unless our Management have found it necessary to close the site due to Health & Safety or technical concerns.
Dogs must be on a leash whilst on site.
No dogs on course.
Any owners allowing a dog to get loose will be asked to leave.
Copyright 2018 - Norton Bridge Limited
Copyright - NORTON BRIDGE EC 2018